Sep 23, 2011

Thank You Teachers

I've seen teachers who worked for hours on their lessons, who were scholars in the field fail miserably, and I've seen teachers who, if you gave them five minutes before they walked in to glance over their material, they could run a class for an hour on any topic under the sun.

Students identify teachers by different types:

The Friendly Teacher


A friendly teacher, as the very term suggests, acts like a friend for his/her students. A teacher-friend, in fact, combines both the guidance of a teacher and the understanding of a friend. We all, at some point of time, aspire for an understanding teacher. Such a teacher acts like our friend, philosopher and guide.

The Funny Teacher


A funny teacher is like a God-sent to the students. Such a teacher always wants to see his/her students smile ands make learning a pleasurable experience. They are not clumsy, as most people think them to be. Rather, they are witty and bring in humor in the most subtle form.

The Ideal Teacher


An ideal teacher is the one we respect from our heart. He/she acts as a guide to the students,
 while not pushing them too much. Such a perfect motivates them and boosts their morale. He/she tries to encourage the students and refrains from criticizing them.

The Lenient Teacher


A lenient teacher is easygoing and takes things as they come. He/she is not overly finicky about 
things, such as doing homework on time or not sitting quietly in the class, etc. Such teachers very well realize that being strict with a child can only make him/her withdrawn. However, this does not mean that one can do anything in the class of a pampering teacher.

The Strict Teacher


A strict teacher is very tough on students. He/she always insists on adhering to the deadlines. Such a teacher dislikes any mistakes or carelessness on the part of the students. Students have to be extra cautious under such a teacher. He/she is like a disciplinarian, always keeping students on their toes.



Yes, there are so many types of teachers that the students classify, I am one of those students. I have many views or opinions about my teachers, I always nag when they scolded me, feel depressed when they embarrass me and etc.




However, as I ponder and reflect, the things that they are saying are true. The actions that I make reflects my personality. Despite the numerous embarrassing and depressing moments when they are scolding me, at the end of the day, I feel very grateful because I realized who my true family is.


True friends/family never hesitate to tell you who you really are, they tell you what changes you showed and your behavior also, and I just become conscious of the people who really care for me and those are my TEACHERS.


I am who I am right now because of my teachers, my second parents. I have been studying for almost 10 years and I encountered many teachers since then. They have different names, different residences, different major subjects and especially different attitude, there's only one thing in which they don't differ, their love and care for their students.


I am very thankful for the teachers who molded me to become a better person, a reflective kind of person, a person who is able to forgive and forget and learns how to look back.


The teachers are my best heroes. THANK YOU MAAM/SIR!






HAPPY WORLD TEACHERS DAY!


This is an entry to the Thank You, Teacher Blogging Contest on The Teacher’s Notebook

3 comments:

  1. You are welcome, Jewelle. I know which classification I belong. :D Funny teacher. Di ba? Funny naman ako? Di ba?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahahahaha!!! Funny daw oh... Hala! haha

    ReplyDelete