Jun 30, 2021

Declarations

It's been unbearable... these past few months.

People around me worried a lot about their circumstances that it also affected how I viewed my own life. I became pessimistic and I often wondered how things would have been had I chosen a different path. 

Late May I received a rejection from a scholarship application. I was so devastated because I was really hopeful that I'll get in but then I didn't. I told myself after that that I would take this opportunity to improve myself so that when the time comes I would be the first choice. 

I drowned myself in my own thoughts that it became suffocating. Then I recognized that it's not healthy anymore. I'm not usually this pessimistic, I used to view the world with joy and sparkles. Where did that person go?

And so I started June declaring "I AM A GREAT RECEIVER!" written in the sand while I was contemplating along the sea shore. This month, I read more self-help books in my free time, became more physically active, and became more diligent in my trading class. I also learned to celebrate small wins and not just big ones. June became a month of small wins and I did receive a lot of it. 

I cannot forever drown on my negative thoughts. Everything starts with the right mindset, and I hope that I am right on track.

1 comment: