Jun 7, 2012

To Romeo, with Love

Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story baby just say yes...
                                                  ~ Love Story by Taylor Swift


Many people believe that first love never dies. However, I was not one of those many. I am a firm believer of "first does not always last". I was one who can easily move on with these kinds of heartaches. Do you think I really loved at those times? I think not. If I have gone along without any grave feeling of lingering admiration, could that have been my first love? I know it may be harsh, but I somehow suppose it is merely action carried away with emotion and situation.


However, there is a time in my life where a certain crush stayed inside my mind for too long. Although, at some point, I did not acknowledge my fondness for him, it suddenly reemerged. This was one person I could truly not let go. He is definitely not the first guy that I had a crush on, but I believe this person is my first true love.



We talk at times but we really do not engage in personal conversations. We have a connection but greeting each other is not really a habit. I think this is for the better. I truly think that if I get more than glimpses of him, I will melt down and die. I always feel awkward when he is there, but I feel comfort and glee as well. Sometimes, I think that his eyes follow my moves and during those moments, my heart beats double time although I also think that I am just imagining him staring at me. When I close my eyes, it is usually his face that I see. I always look out of our classroom window just to see if he will pass by, anticipating for the time that I will see him. It feels wonderful, watching him close by.


I know that what I feel for him now is different from what I felt from other boys before. Although I have realized that he will never know what I feel, I would like to express my utmost gratitude to God for letting me meet this person and love him the way I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment