Mar 27, 2015

FYI




One thing others don't know about me: I'm a romantic.

I'm certainly the woman who loves getting long, mushy messages, or sweet "I love you's" at random times during the day. I appreciate getting flowers for special occassions, or an unexpected visit whenever I'm lonely.

I still believe in fairy tales and happy endings and I'm still in love with the idea of a damsel-in-distress awaiting her prince charming.

I love back-hugs, long talks in bed, a kiss on the forehead, a tickle in my toe, and most of all, I really love surprises.

Whenever I see people preparing for a surprise or getting surprised, I feel envy and pity (for myself). I always wonder why nobody would make an effort to surprise me on my birthday, or even afterwards. 

To be honest, I did expect from people; after all, I made an effortful surprise for theirs. Well, it turned out as a disappointment. I probably didn't matter that much for them as they were to me. That's why I always tell myself today to not expect from anyone anymore.

I maybe known to others as a serious type, mistakenly assumed as someone who does not like any "romantic stuff". But before you judge someone, get to know them first. 

I'm posting this to let people know the part of my personality that I hid perfectly from society and that I'm also at my limits. 

I'm tired of giving too much; I believe it should also be reciprocated this time. A little appreciation wouldn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment